Skip to main content

Influences Through Images


My chosen article of particular interest to me






















Images that have inspired me...




















This photograph was taken in a small corner shop. The lights are bright and bold in colour captured my interest. I feel the colours could influence my print designs in the future, helping me create colour references, patterns and compositions.

The detail of the pattern on each light is similar, but each one is unique in design, displaying different shapes and colours. The photograph has a vintage feel, the lights are similar to 'Tiffany lights', designed in the late 1800's. The lamps were created in stained glass. In the photograph the lights are hung at different lengths but are still all the same size.






















In a coffee shop in Southwark, Bermondsey, a quirky space away from the hustle and bustle of the city. A range of quite basic, random motif drawings scattered around the walls caught my eye. The images are almost childlike and basic in design, easy to create and similar in design to some of my object images. I particularly like the extra media added in the form of the neon light with the simple phrase 'dare to dream'. My current project could be inspired by this type of drawing and media.























Taken in The Natural History Museum in London, I think this image will be inspirational in my sampling project of objects, which I am currently working on. In the photograph there are a range of different butterflies, displaying various colours and sizes. Each individual butterfly has it's own unique markings and pattern.























The final image, again from the Natural History Museum, features drawings of different jellyfish. I really liked the image and was drawn to it. I love the dramatic monochrome design. The jellyfish all have a 'mushroom like' shape. They look like they are suspended in space. The image is very simple but dramatic and I could see this as a simple print in black and white or with added colour.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

End of Unit Review

At the beginning of this project I was asked to produce approximately a hundred object drawings. Although I find drawing enjoyable I have found some of the more complex work rather challenging and, on occasions, have lacked confidence when trying to create a piece to a high technical standard. The assignment has highlighted that drawings can be produced not only in pencil but from different medias such as paints, charcoal and ink, incorporating various textures and styles. The sheer quantity of drawings required helped to greatly improve my sketching technique. I chose fabrics suitable for a range of interior products such as cushions, bedding, lamp shades and blinds, including heavy weight cotton and polyester. The pigment colours and effects produced varied on different fabrics. I have used many digital prints within my collection, as I felt they integrated well and complimented each other. I have found using my sketch book very beneficial when planning prints from conceptio

Sampling Update

Mid - week review Reflecting on my work so far, I am not feeling as confident as I would like at this point. I need to broaden my samples through experimentation with different techniques, including foiling and puff binder. After a constructive one to one session with one of my tutors, I now feel more confident in the direction I wish to follow and I am looking forward to trialling new techniques and producing a strong collection.  The unit demonstrates that often the more simplistic drawing proves the most effective in print. Further more these designs are often the ones that I am most attracted to. Throughout this unit I have discovere d that samples do not need to be made up from one sole media, but are in fact stronger and have more impact if they are a combination of different medias.  I am motivated to work independently, however I feel I have benefitted from the guidance of my tutor at times, which has given me more confidence and ideas to think about. By setting

Intentions - Tatton Park

Tatton Park, an early 19th century, neo classical mansion in Cheshire and the former home of The Egerton family, is now a National Trust property. The house holds an array of fine art and collectables mainly acquired by Maurice, the last Baron Egerton, who travelled the world extensively in the early 20th Century. British Aristocracy have for many years collected pieces and displayed objects in their homes, a reference to their status and luxurious living. Along with the usual collection of furniture, ceramics and textiles, there is a large selection of hunting trophies which are displayed on the walls.  The late Baron was a keen hunter and many of his kills are displayed on the walls                                   A sample of the many ceramics on display at the house                                                     A collection on display Here a collection of original copper pots are on display in the kitchen. The contents on display give an insigh